Friday, June 02, 2006

I took this picture for two reasons, Zachary loves grabbing hold of things now that he has learned how to, and because I love how he holds his toes curled down. I think it is so cute. Zachary is getting so big now, I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it every day. He is up to 13 pounds now. As Jill said earlier, he eats solids 2 times a day now, I introduced him to prunes last week, and again yesterday, and he introduced them back to me, didn't like them, they went all over his bib and me. So now the new thing is berries, not sure about that yet, we'll try it out on him this weekend. He goes in for his physical therapy appointment on June 12th, to see if he is developing on schedule. I already think he is, from what I see every day, but it's nice to be reassured by the docs. Zachary is so fun now. He cries less, and laughs more. He actually laughs or giggles out loud now, only a little bit, but when he does, it's priceless. He smiles like crazy when I do something that he likes, which is almost all the time. I can usually get him to start smiling if he is crying, by acting stupid, which is easy for me to do. He sleeps most of the night now, only waking up for 1 or 2 feedings, but that usually only takes 30 minutes each, so I only lose 1 hour of sleep now instead of 2 hours as before. Although I sometimes make it up during his morning nap, which he gets in the morning, afternoon and early evening. He usually goes to bed around 7:30-8 pm, but lately it's been more like 9 pm. He likes being outside with me when I do take him out to work around the house, he only gets bored once in awhile, so he will enjoy being outside. Jill and I have a blow up pool, it's pretty big, I can lay all the way down in it, and over Memorial day weekend when it was so hot, I took Zach in the pool with me and he absolutely loved it, for about 1/2 an hour, then of course he got bored, but I was so proud that he didn't cry and liked the water, which is a huge plus for Jill and me since we have a boat on the lake, he's going to love it. Well I guess that's it for now, Zach is starting to stir from his nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Zach is amazing and extremely cute! He is strong and will amaze you by the minute :). Enjoy him and put the NICU behind :)
Thanks for sharing his great progress with all of us!
Fiona's mom :)

Tonya said...

He looks great and love the toe curling thing :) Sounds like he is doing wonderful!! but like you said it is always good to have a dr tell you he is.. I'm the same way...lol Love all the pictures and he is too cool with his shades on :)